Do you know Fatima Effendi said ‘NO’ to a movie starring John Abraham because she was required to do a ‘bold’ character?




Did you know that the gorgeous actress Fatima Effendi rejected a movie offer from Bollywood? The Pakistani diva appeared in an interview in 2015 and revealed that she had rejected a film offer by the Bollywood director Anees Bazmee. It should be noted that Anees Bazmee is famous for his blockbuster movie series like Singh is King and Welcome.

The acclaimed director approached Fatima Effendi during the casting of his film Welcome Back which featured John Abraham, Shruti Hassan, Anil Kapoor, Dimple Kapadia, and Nana Patekar, amongst others.

Enjoying the blog? Check these too.

Lead cast of Drama ‘Hum Kahan Kay Sachay Thy’…

Komal Rizvi spills the beans on her controversies with Saif…

Pakistanis take on Twitter to express their opnions as…

When the interview host asked why the actress said no, Fatima Effendi replied:

Anees Bazmee called me and praised my drama serial, and asked me to work in his film. I asked him about the story and the character I’d portray, but I refused to sign the movie because it required me to play a bold character. I didn’t want to be a source of shame for my family and country, as the role required me to wear bold outfits and perform uncomfortable scenes.

The actress further shared:

I’ve never faced any restrictions from my family about working in Bollywood movies, but I’ve always known my limits. That’s why I would never do anything that may be shameful for my family or me. I may be from the entertainment industry, but I’m always careful when selecting my wardrobe.

On the work front, Fatima Effendi was last seen playing the role of ‘Emaan’ in Geo Entertainment’s Main Agar Chup Hoon opposite Adeel Chaudhry and the character of ‘Ujala’ in Geo Entertainment’s Munafiq.

What are your thoughts on this? Please share with us in the comment section below.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.